Monday, November 23, 2009

Cut it out! And stuff....

Today's post is about: Sarah's cute newly released shape templates, pointing you to some free templates provided by some scrap pals, and sharing some of my layouts.

Sarah just released these really cute shape templates.  How fun are these?!!!!  Just put them on your layout and clip what ever paper you want to them (or use a layer style!).  They come in png's and some of them have psd layers too!!!  You can pick up this whole set for a buck today only, but if you don't get them today they are nicely priced at the regular price too!  SO worth it!

I didn't have a ton of time to play with them, but I just had to use them!  I made a layout about the kitten that just randomly showed up at our house.  I applied a metal layer style to the frame, clipped some blue paper to the scallop edge, and clipped two different papers to the psd layers in the brackets.



I used all kinds of products on the Kitty layout, so click the image for credits.


The layout below is cool because I had my camera handy when my baby started rolling over.





I used the collab between Sarah Bennett and Valorie Brown called In a Boys's world 
and Daniela Austen's Messy Stitched Felt Alpha for that layout.  


I did my first "Me" layout.  I used the "This is Me"kit by Valarie Ostrom.  You can get this kit free...

... at Scrapable.  Read Scrapable's November 19th blog post to find out how.  Here is a little peek at the cute kit!  It will eventually be going into Valarie's shop, so if you want it FREE you better hurry.




Valarie has the cutest kit that will soon be re-released.  It is called "Life is Good."  I had the perfect picture of my mother-in-law gazing at my baby with so much love and it went perfectly with the adorable kit.

It will be available at Sunshine Studio Scraps and Scrapable later this week


I wanted to point you to some free templates!
My fellow Sarah Bennett CT member Katie has a free template on her blog here
And so does Stacy here

I probably won't be on before Thanksgiving, so I hope you all have a great day.  Take lots of pictures!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey I tried to register and scrapable and I can't get the question right and you have to know it to even ask a question. How can I be this lame? Do you know what it is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have to make up your own question and then answer it? It is a spam protection because the spam bots cannot do something like that-- I think. Use a question like "What was your first grade teacher's name?" or something like that. Let me know if this info is correct. By the way... you are SO not lame!! :)

    ReplyDelete