Wednesday, February 24, 2010

MLS Week 8

I can't believe that it is already week 8 for the My Lifetime Story challenge at Faith Sisters.  It has been such a neat experience so far.  The challenge of week 8 is "My Childhood home."  This was a very fun challenge.  I enjoyed reminiscing about the home I grew up in. I liked my layout, I didn't love it, but I liked it.  It doesn't look right to me.  You know how that is right?  You know when you are "feeling it" and you are in love with your layout right?  This layout is ok, not my best, but it was still fun.
I didn't grow up in a very fancy place, but it was home sweet home.  Can you tell that the decor is when the 70's meets the 80's?  The house was built in the late 70's and then my mom's interior tastes changed to county and blue in the 80's.  Looking at those old photos brings back a lot of memories.  My life now sure is different, but my past has shaped me and helped me become who I am today.

I used some fabulous products in this layout.
The main kit I used was Friendship by Traci Murphy currently available at FPD
I also changed up the papers just a bit by using a few of these really fun overlays by Corina Neilsen

I used Designs By Leah's tape and paper clip from Totally Attached

The round alpha is from Remember Me by Sarah Bennett
The orange stitch is from Always Friends by Amy Melniczenko
I also used MTF Wulan Font and MTF Frozen Solid Font by Miss Tiina
and the 1942 Report font also.

Thanks for taking a trip with me down Memory Lane!

1 comment:

  1. HI Amy! You have a nice blog here- and you are quite busy!! I have just signed as designer with three sites, so I am not at FS as much as last year. Glad you said hello at DSG!!!

    ReplyDelete